Men’s soccer wins fourth straight

Story by Lauren Bechard

The Baker University men’s soccer team picked up its fourth victory in a row after shutting out the Ottawa Braves 4-0.

The Wildcats kept the win streak alive on Tuesday night as they traveled down the road to Ottawa to defeat the Kansas Collegiate Athletic Conference rival.

Senior Ben Coyle made his first and second goals of the season during the game. Coyle made the first goal of the game, which was a header off of a cross from sophomore Andrew Miller.

The Wildcats started the second half with a 1-0 lead, but quickly increased the deficit when sophomore Chris Tuso made his first goal of his Baker soccer career.

Coyle put the game out of reach just six minutes later by knocking in his second goal, and freshman Matt Hamm was able to find the back of the net as well to finish the Braves off.

Senior Matt Bickley and freshman Ryan Akin split time in the goal to earn the shutout. Akin didn’t see much action in his debut as the goalkeeper, but Bickley had one save during his time between the pipes.

The ‘Cats are now 6-3-1 on the season and have won five of their last six games.

Baker will begin its Heart of America Athletic Conference season against Culver-Stockton College at 3:30 p.m. on Saturday in Canton, Mo.