SAC to provide Finals Frenzy study breaks

The Baker University Student Activities Council will be arranging study breaks for students during finals week. According to Director of Student Life Randy Flowers, there is one less night of study breaks as compared to semesters in the past.

The goal this semester is to also help promote other events planned for the same day.

“I am looking forward to the year coming to an end as we enjoy these last moments together as 2013-2014 Wildcats. Every year faculty, staff, and students come and go, but the Wildcat traditions will continue,” Flowers said.

SAC and Flowers are expecting an average of 200 students to attend each event, which are designed to help students ward off the stress of finals and find healthy and fun avenues of distraction.

Finals Frenzy Schedule:

Thursday: All campus lunch from 11 a.m.- 2 p.m.

In addition, Rev. Dr. Ira DeSpain’s retirement reception is from noon- 1:30 p.m. at Collins House

Friday: Dr. Peggy Harris retirement reception from 4 p.m.- 6 p.m. at Collins House

Sunday: Study Break from 9 p.m.- 10 p.m. in Harter Union Cafeteria, with a nacho bar, dessert pizza, music, a photo booth and other games.

Monday, May 12: Study Break from 9 p.m.- 10 p.m. in Harter Union Cafeteria: breakfast food (biscuits and gravy, eggs, and sausage), karaoke, Wii, games, and Build-A-Stuffed Wildcat (supplies are limited).

Wednesday, May 14: President Pat Long’s Retirement Celebration 5 p.m.- 7 p.m.