SAC’s bash to welcome BU community

The Students Activity Council is prepared to help welcome new and returning students, faculty, staff, alumni and the surrounding community members to the Baker campus with its Back 2 School Bash, starting tomorrow.

“Students come to school in August with many different emotions, and this is a time to sit back and just have fun,” Director of Student Life Randy Flowers said. “It’s moments like this that students will look back on after graduation, so we want to make it the best time ever for them.”

This year will have what Flowers calls a “very solid lineup of acts.” It boasts a semifinalist from America’s Got Talent, a Chicagoan acting group and MAC association’s “best female comic.”

Flowers said that although this is the first of the events SAC will be hosting, students should expect many more in the fall semester.

“Students should expect a year of different fun filled events,” Flowers said. “With renovations, programming is becoming a little harder, but the excitement will not go down at all.”

SAC’s BACK 2 SCHOOL BASH SCHEDULE:

Wednesday: Comedian Jessica Kirson, 9 p.m., Rice Auditorium

Kirson has performed in Montreal, the Hamptons and has a YouTube channel called “The Jessy K Show” with over 2.5 million views. Her bio says “her wide variety of characters brings a diverse energy to her routine.”

Thursday: Magician Mat Franco, 9 p.m. Rice Auditorium

Magician Mat Franco is currently a contestant on America’s Got Talent, and Flowers said he has a good chance of making it to the finals. Flowers hopes that Baker can be an exciting part of that journey.

Friday: Movie on the Lawn, “Amazing Spider-Man II,” 9 p.m., Mabee Lawn

Starring Andrew Garfield and Emma Stone, this 2014 film made over $708 million dollars in the box office worldwide and is the sequel to the “Amazing Spider-Man.”

Saturday: Mission Improvable with Loud Noises, 8 p.m., Rice Auditorium

Mission Improvable will be performing with Baker’s own improv group, Loud Noises. The four Mission Improvable actors pretend to be agents and the audience is cast as the co-agents. The actors and audience participate in “missions” in a combination of MTV’s “Wild ‘N Out” and “Who’s Line Is It Anyway?”