SAC to host Casino Night

The Student Activities Council is hosting a Casino Night from 9 p.m. to 11 p.m on Friday in Collins Center. The event is sponsored by SAC and the admissions office and will serve as the entertainment for current students on campus as well as high school students attending BU Preview.

During BU Preview, high school seniors visit campus, take tours of the Greek houses and attend a planned event, this one being Casino Night. The students then spend the night on campus and visit an Academic Fair in the morning, followed by campus tours and lunch.

According to Director of Student Life Randy Flowers, this event, which is free for students, will allow students to have the opportunity to learn how to play different games without having to empty their pockets.

“It’s that one time you can gamble without losing your money, so if you have ever wondered how to play roulette, we can help teach you how to play,” Flowers said. “A lot of those games you would never want to risk money on because you do not know what you are doing.”

A vendor will be providing the casino tables along with dealers to help students. The tables include Black Jack, Texas Hold’Em and Roulette. Using an outside vendor helps eliminate stress for Flowers and SAC.

“Contracting it out it takes it to the next level because we are not sitting here stressed about do we have the right number of cards,” Flowers said. “[Instead] we get to sit, hear and stress about if our set-up looks nice.”

Sophomore Blake Edwards is serving as the event coordinator.

“I am looking forward to seeing how the high school students interact with the Baker students,” Edwards said. “I am curious to see how [the event] goes.”

Food and drinks will also be provided. Flowers and SAC hope the event gets prospective students energized about the Baker community and what it has to offer.

“We are just trying to let these high school students realize what college is like so they can be excited,” Flowers said.