Students plan for spring break

Spring Break “2k15” is almost here, and students will be celebrating time off in a variety of ways – home to see families, working, vacationing or just staying on campus to catch up with their favorite television series.

Freshman Gage Peters will spend March 16-20 working at QuikTrip and remodeling his house.

“I’m looking forward to break because getting some time to relax from school sounds nice,” Peters said. “I am going to be working and spending time with my family back home in Kansas City.”

Sophomore Hayden Jenkins will be taking a vacation to Denver with three of his friends from high school, and they plan to relax and hike on their trip.

Sophomore Jaimie Meyers will also hit the road, but she is headed to Gulf Shores, Alabama.

“I am super excited to go to the Gulf Shores because who doesn’t love the beach and plus I’ll be surrounded by lots of fun people,” she said. “I’m excited to have my toes in the water, bottom in the sand and have a non-alcoholic drink in my hand.”

Some student-athletes will be dedicating their spring break to their sport. The softball and baseball teams are among the squads that will be remaining on campus to practice and compete.

“My plans are to stay on campus and play baseball, so I’ll be spending spring break with my teammates,” sophomore Gage Kiesling said. “I love being able to play baseball, but it does kind of suck seeing all of your friends at the beach. My ideal spring break would be to play a series down in Florida and get to hang on the beach with my team.”

The baseball team will be playing Missouri Valley College at 1 p.m. on March 18 in Marshall, Missouri. They will also face Graceland University at 1 p.m. on March 21 in Lamoni, Iowa, and at home at 1 p.m. the next day.

The softball team will be competing March 17 in Oklahoma City at 2 p.m. and 4 p.m. They will also be playing March 18 in Shawnee, Oklahoma, at 1 p.m. and 3 p.m.

“I am not disappointed to play softball during spring break because I love playing softball and it gives us more opportunities to get better,” junior Cari Vollenweider said. “I love being able to play and I get to spend time with my teammates and my family.”