SAC hosts Beach Ball Bash

Story by Spencer Brown, Assistant News Editor

The Student Activities Council is set to host the annual Beach Ball Bash this week.

This is the most solid roster of events that I’ve seen since coming to Baker,” Randy Flowers, director of student life, said. “Talk about solid performances at a small liberal arts college.”

The Beach Ball Bash will start on Tuesday with mentalist Craig Karges, who has appeared on the Tonight Show, Fox News, CNN and CNBC. On Wednesday, Assistant Professor of Psychology Robyn Long will lead the Last Lecture event. Comedian Tracey Ashley, a Last Comic Standing finalist, will take the stage on Thursday. And the gameshow “Beat the Banker” will wrap up the week on Friday.

[The gameshow] was a huge hit last year,” Ashley Riniker, vice president of featured events, said. “I’m sure people will enjoy it again this year.”

Beat the Banker, in fact, will feature up to $1,800 in cash prizes that students will have the chance to win.

The week’s events will be held in Rice Auditorium at 9 p.m. except for the Beat the Banker event, which will start at 8 p.m.

The Beach Ball Bash has become a Baker tradition. Formerly known as Spring Fest, it has been shaped differently each year of its existence, with a variety of events. It was renamed as the Beach Ball Bash last year so that SAC could brand the entire week.

“I am looking forward to being back with everyone after spring break and being able to help with these events,” freshman Kinsey Ford, a member of SAC, said.

Afer the Beach Ball Bash, SAC has other events planned for the remainder of the semester, including another game of Grocery Bingo, the People Empowering People Rally, a Putt-Putt Golf event and Finals Frenzy.

“I hope students know what’s happening on their campus,” Flowers said. “These experiences only come once in a lifetime. It’s something to soak in and enjoy.”