Zeta Tau Alpha kicks off annual Think Pink Week

Story by Aradaisia Walker, BU Student Media

Zeta Tau Alpha sorority will sponsor Think Pink Week this week to promote breast cancer awareness and education.

“Think Pink is the work and effort we put into improving education, research and patient care for breast cancer survivors,” Zeta Tau Alpha President Lauren Freking said.

Sorority members started their promotion during homecoming weekend when they handed out pink breast cancer awareness ribbons at Saturday’s football game.

Starting Monday and continuing through Wednesday, Zeta Tau Alpha will accept donations from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. in the Long Student Center. This will include donations for Pie-a-Frat Boy. Each fraternity on campus has nominated a member, and the member that has the most money in his bucket on Tuesday will be pied in the face.

On Tuesday night at 8 p.m., the women of Zeta Tau Alpha will host a dinner serving pink pancakes. Tickets are $5 each and donations will also be accepted during this time. Immediately before the dinner at 7:30 p.m will be the Pie-a-Frat Boy event.

Wednesday is the all campus White & Pink Out and includes a social media challenge in the Long Student Center with the theme “I wear pink for …” In addition, Krispy Kreme donuts will be available at 8 a.m. in the Long Student Center for $1 while supplies last.

Zeta Tau Alpha as an organization has committed nationally to the philanthropy of raising donations for breast cancer awareness and education. The month of October is nationally recognized as the breast cancer awareness month.

For Zeta Tau Alpha members, Think Pink Week is more than T-shirts and events, but also a chance to bond.

“(Think Pink Week) brings a sense of unity by working for something that is bigger than ourselves,” Freking said.