Senior night for women’s soccer ends with a 2-0 victory

Goalie Rachel Hunt jumps to prevent a Missouri Valley goal. Hunt registered a shutout in the game on Oct. 26 at Liston Stadium. Image by Jenna Black.

Jenna Black

Jenna Black

Story by Bailey Conklin, Sports Editor

The No. 12 ranked Baker women’s soccer team gave recognition to its seven seniors while picking up a 2-0 win over Missouri Valley Wednesday evening at Liston Stadium.

“The whole day was consumed of sentimental feelings about being old,” senior Katie Hibbeler said. “We were just very honored and excited for the evening, and it was such a big game. We were really looking forward to getting that final win in the last conference game.”

The Wildcats picked up one goal in each half. Junior Kady Dieringer scored for the ‘Cats in the 14th minute, and freshman Jenna Lattimer scored in the 57th minute on a penalty kick.

Dieringer and Lattimer both have nine goals each for the season after Wednesday’s match.

Baker goalkeeper Rachel Hunt record seven saves for the evening. For the Wildcats’ offense, Jessica Hillebert, Krista Hooper, Jenna Lattimer, and Dieringer had one shot on goal each.

This game marked the end of the regular season for the Wildcats. They finished the regular season with a record of 9-1-2 in the Heart of America Athletic Conference and 13-3-2 overall.

The Wildcats will wait to see what seed they will be in next week’s Heart Conference Tournament after the last regular season games are finished this weekend. The Wildcats are currently at the top of the Heart standings awaiting the result of Benedictine against Evangel on Saturday. A win from Benedictine would knock down Baker to second in the Heart standings.

“Our biggest focus is what we can do to better ourselves and just doing our part to make sure that we’re the best that we can be,” Hibbeler said. “Either way we’re going to fight to the death and clinch that spot.”

About the Photographer
Jenna Black, Photo Editor
Jenna Black is a senior from Johnson City, Kansas. She is double majoring in Public Relations and Sports Media and minoring in Business. She is a member of the cross country and track teams, President of Delta Delta Delta sorority, an Orientation Leader and Student Director of Emerging Leaders Summit and the ParMentors program. She enjoys traveling,...
  • Senior night for women’s soccer ends with a 2-0 victory

Men's Soccer

Jacobs leads men’s soccer into conference play

Track finishes season by hosting conference meet

Sports

Joyner: Sportscaster of the year

Sports

Track honors coach Zach Kindler with meet

Sports

Tennis ends season at conference

Softball

Softball earns best record in history

Golf

Men’s golf finishes sixth in the Heart

Sports

Baker falls to MVC to end regular season

Baseball

Central Methodist sweeps Baker

Softball

Softball splits with Benedictine