Miranda Lindmark accepts position with sorority

Senior Miranda Lindmark is the first member of Zeta Tau Alpha from the Sigma chapter to receive this position within the organization.

Jenna Black

Jenna Black

Story by Spencer Brown, Assistant News Editor

A Baker University senior recently accepted a full-time job at her sorority’s national headquarters. Miranda Lindmark, a member of Zeta Tau Alpha, was offered one of approximately 20 Leadership Consultant positions in March, making her the first the Sigma chapter has had.

“I’m getting to combine two of my biggest passions, Zeta and traveling,” she said. “I’m looking forward to meeting more sorority women from around the U.S.”

Though many of her coworkers will begin their consulting roles following spring graduation, Lindmark won’t officially begin until January 2019 after her December graduation. In the mean time, Lindmark will complete summer training sessions alongside her new coworkers before student teaching in the fall.

As part of the position, Lindmark will travel to Zeta chapters around the United States. She will stay for different periods of time within each chapter, leading workshops and problem solving, among other things. Lindmark acknowledges her liberal arts education for being at the center of helping her land the position.

“Baker as a community does a great job of building leaders,” she said. “Along the way, a lot of things that I’ve done have given me the qualities to pursue something like this.”

Assistant Director of Student Life Josh Doak has worked one-on-one with Lindmark many times during her time at Baker.

“Miranda, specifically, she has gotten a diverse view of what the college experience looks like,” he said. “She has study abroad, been the president of her sorority and been involved in multiple organizations, all while maintaining a high GPA. That makes her prime to give good advice.”

Doak completed one of Lindmark’s recommendation letters when she applied for the position back in November 2017. Lindmark later received a Skype interview with the headquarters in December before flying out to the new national office in Indianapolis in February. Here, she partook in the final round of interviews, presentations and case studies before officially receiving her job offer.

Eventually, Lindmark sees herself in a classroom, carrying out her education career; however, until then, she see will continue to provide life-long advice to her sorority sisters all around the country.

• Miranda Lindmark accepts position with sorority

Students bring back leadership skills from conference

Enrollment requires more student housing

University offers alternative health care services

‘Forever Orange’ campaign continues to fundraise

El Patron expands to better serve customers

Maple Leaf Festival brings huge crowds to city

Baker 360° takes over SPGS

New policy aims at preventing academic misconduct

Pocket Points offers benefits to students

Burglars break into cars on and near campus