Track finishes season by hosting conference meet

The men’s and women’s track teams rounded out their seasons by hosting back-to-back home meets. First, the Zach Kindler Wildcat Open on April 28 and second, the Heart of America Athletic Conference Championship meet on May 4 and 5. The men captured third place within the Heart and the women finished in eighth.

• Sophomore Deverius Brown prepares for his last leap during the triple jump event at the Heart of America Athletic Conference meet on May 5. Brown placed eighth in the event, making him the last competitor to score team points.

Alex Fortuna

• Senior Michael Riddle extends his leg over a hurdle in the 110 meter hurdles at the Heart meet. Riddle claimed seventh place in the 110 meter hurdles and and fourth in the 400 meter hurdles later the same day.

Alex Fortuna

• Freshman Morgan Thomas gathers herself to jump over the high jump bar at the Heart meet. Thomas placed eighth in high jump and also claimed third in the javelin.

Alex Fortuna

• After jumping over the steeple barrier, junior Jessica Watson lands into the water pit during the 3,000 meter steeplechase at the Zach Kindler Wildcat Open on April 28. Watson captured a win in both the steeplechase and the 5,000 meter racewalk.

Jenna Black

• Sprawling for the finish, junior Gloria Mares finishes the 100 meter dash at the Zach Kindler Wildcat Open. Mares also competed in the women's 4x100m that qualified for the National Meet.

Jenna Black

• Sophomore Janeane Hernandez rounds the corner at the 200 meter mark in the 800 meter race at the Zach Kindler Wildcat Open. Hernandez completed the race in 2:31, earning her a seventh place finish.

Jenna Black

• Wincing in pain to the finish, sophomore Danny Griese pushes down the straight away. Griese ran the 800 meter race in 2:01 at the Zach Kindler Wildcat Open. Griese was the first Wildcat to finish out of five.

Jenna Black