Women’s soccer wins with two last minute goals

Senior+Sadie+Harper+kicks+the+ball+down+field+for+a+free+kick+against+the+Wildcats+game+against+Mount+Mercy+University.+Baker+goes+on+to+win+2-1.+

Senior Sadie Harper kicks the ball down field for a free kick against the Wildcats game against Mount Mercy University. Baker goes on to win 2-1.

Alex Fortuna

Alex Fortuna

Alex Fortuna

Story by Alex Fortuna, Photo Editor

The Women’s soccer team were able to secure the win against Mount Mercy University on Oct. 2o at Liston stadium. The Wildcats trailed 1-0 late in the game, but goals by Maria Jose-Echeverry  and Jenna Lattimer in the last ten minutes of regulation was enough to get the Cats’ sixth win this season. Bakers next game will be at 5 p.m at Liston Stadium on Oct. 24.

• Senior Sadie Harper kicks the ball down field for a free kick against the Wildcats game against Mount Mercy University. Baker goes on to win 2-1.

Alex Fortuna

• Sophomore Kara Knapp fights for position as her teammate throws a ball her way from out of bounds. Knapp would win possession and move the ball down field for the Wildcats.

Alex Fortuna

• Maya Hodison, a midfielder for the Wildcats, looks for an open teammate as she dribbles the ball down the field. Hodison is a freshman from Lawrence, KS

Alex Fortuna

• Jenna Lattimer takes the ball down field in hopes to cross it to a teammate. Lattimer will later score the go ahead goal late in the game to secure the 2-1 win for the Wildcats.

Alex Fortuna

• Senior forward Sierra McKinney beats an opponent to the ball and passes to teammate down field. McKinney later assisted Jenna Lattimer for the go ahead goal with five minutes remaining.

Alex Fortuna

• Allyson Hertig, a senior midfielder, struggles with an opponent as they chase a ball up the side line. Hertig has three goals for the Wildcats this season.

Alex Fortuna