The Student News Site of Baker University

Greek Week boasts togetherness

Story by Caitlin Stevenson

Bonding, unity and a whole lot enthusiasm were key factors in this week’s Greek Week festivities.

The activities included the Mr. BU pageant Monday night, The Gong Show Wednesday and an awards banquet Thursday night. Director of Greek Life Bryan VanOsdale said certain chapters and people were awarded with special awards at the end of the week.

“Greek Week is a week at the end of the year for greeks to get together and celebrate the year’s successes,” VanOsdale said. “The Mr. BU pageant is open to the entire campus, but the remainder of the week’s activities is geared towards greeks.”

Sophomore Kyle Jones is a member of the Zeta Chi fraternity. He said the week provides greeks a great opportunity to show the rest of Baker University what they’re all about.

“The purpose of Greek Week is to get all the greek houses together as one,” Jones said. “It lets the campus know the advantages of being greek.”

Jones said in addition to the Polyeuphony benefit concert the Zeta Chi fraternity put on Saturday, the fraternity is also trying to organize a community service project.

Sophomore Carissa Nichols is a member of the Alpha Chi Omega sorority and she said the activities were a great way to bond with girls in her house.

“We are doing Mr. BU tonight, and we made signs for our candidate Frank Owens,” Nichols said. “We made banners and we are planning a skit for the Gong Show this Wednesday.”

Nichols was also really excited about another Greek Week event that she said has been missed since it was cut from Baker’s Senior Weekend.

“Serenades are on Thursday, and they are going to be a lot of fun,” Nichols said. “I’m excited they’re coming back.”

• Greek Week boasts togetherness

Uncategorized

Aradaisia Walker

• Greek Week boasts togetherness

Uncategorized

Mykaela Cross

• Greek Week boasts togetherness

Uncategorized

Alex Fortuna

• Uncategorized

Women’s Soccer

• Greek Week boasts togetherness

Uncategorized

Carody Franklin

• Greek Week boasts togetherness

Uncategorized

Jamie Pellikaan

• Greek Week boasts togetherness

Uncategorized

Nathalia Barr

• Greek Week boasts togetherness

Uncategorized

Jenna Black

• Greek Week boasts togetherness

Uncategorized

Spencer Brown

• Greek Week boasts togetherness

Uncategorized

Bailey Conklin