Baker University to allow limited spectators at home sporting events

Story by Halle Morrell, Editor-in-Chief

On Feb. 19, The Kansas Department of Health and Environment reported that outdoor events are now allowed a maximum of 200 guests. In response to this change, Baker University Athletics recently announced an alteration in spectator policy at home sporting events.

A limited number of students, faculty, staff and family members will be permitted to attend matches. Face coverings must be worn at all times and other COVID-19 safety measures will still be in effect.

All Baker students, faculty and staff must sit on the home side bleachers at Liston Stadium and in designated areas at Sauder Field and Cavaness Field. Students, faculty and staff must also show a valid Baker University ID to be permitted entrance.

In regards to families, tickets to events inside Liston Stadium must be ordered online. There is a maximum of four tickets per family and codes to order will be provided. Tickets are first-come, first-serve and a valid ID that matches the name on the tickets must be presented to enter the facility.

Events at Sauder Field and Cavaness Field do not require tickets. Instead, families must be listed on a pass list to allow admission. For golf and tennis, no tickets or lists are needed.

Families must also sit in their designated areas. At Liston Stadium, the visitor’s bleachers will be assigned. Other designated areas will be assigned for Sauder Field and Cavaness Field. There will be no assigned areas for golf and tennis.

Spectator policies will continue to be monitored and home events will remain available via livestream for easy access.