Laser Tag comes back to Baker

On Wednesday, Sept. 14, the Student Activities Council (SAC) hosted Laser Tag Night in Hartley Plaza. This is the first time in a few years that Baker has hosted this event. Laser tag started around 8 p.m. with the SAC staff having their first test run of the game.

“It was such a great night for laser tag,” Hunter Finerty, sophomore SAC member, said. “The weather was perfect and so many people came out to play. I didn’t score very well but I still had a good time.”

Laser Tag Night was opened to the Baker students a little bit earlier than anticipated. The flyer said the event would start at 8:30 p.m. But after the staff round, they allowed other students to join in.

“I think the idea [was] initiated from me,” Kaitlyn Powell, Director of Student Life at Baker University, said. “This is an event that I’ve seen done at other schools I’ve been at and it’s usually a very popular event because it’s more of a hands-on event.”

Powell talked about how the company originally started hosting college events at Baker University. Baker University was the first school they set up at before they started going to bigger schools across the country.

“They do this everywhere so it was really exciting for them to come back to Baker,” Powell said. “They’re based out of Topeka so it’s close to home.”