Student Activities Council hosts Casino Night

Casino Night is hosted by Baker University’s Student Activities council in the Student Union Cafeteria at 8 p.m. Students were able to come play games, eat snacks and win prizes.

Baker University Student Activities Council (SAC) hosted Casino Night in Harter Union Cafeteria on Friday, Sept. 23 at 8 p.m.

Casino Night was the final activity for the week of Homecoming put on by SAC. Previous events hosted during the week were Baker Bingo, Baker’s Got Talent, Last Lecture with Dr. Jamin Perry, Sunrise Yoga and Paint Night. Casino Night provided time for students to come together and unwind after the week.

Casino Night had many games available for the students to play. They could choose anything from Black Jack to Craps to Poker.

“I think it’s a great time you know? People get to come down and learn how to play games. I think it’s a great way for them to all have fun, socialize, be with their friends, and also win great prizes,” sophomore Sebastian Cordova, SAC Entertainment coordinator, said.

When entering Casino Night, students were greeted by some SAC members handing out yellow poker chips. These chips represented $5,000 or two tickets. Students were able to gamble their money or play it safe by turning the chip into one of the dealers for tickets.

The students were able to enter drawings for the different prize items available with their tickets. The prize options are a mini projector, an instant film camera, a six-foot beanbag chair and a vinyl player. As of time of publication, the winners have not been announced.

“Casino night is pretty fun! I have a great dealer, I’m able to hang out with my friends and I’m kind of able to make some money!” Junior Gabe Gainer said.

SAC will host their next tabling event held in Harter Union for National Gum Day on Sept. 30 from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.