Symposium to honor top Baker students

Story by Rachel Hawkins

This article was originally published prior to June 2, 2013.  Due to a change in content management systems, the initial publication date is not available.

For the second year in a row, more than 40 undergraduate students from the Baldwin City campus will present at the annual Baker Undergraduate Reseach, Performance and Honors Symposium at 1 p.m. Saturday in Mabee Gym.

The event will have two different sessions, which will recognize work that BU students have done throughout the academic year. Recognition of individual honors and student achievement, as well as departmental awards will also be part of the symposium.

“There is an application process, so earlier this semester we solicited applications from students,” Erin Joyce, coordinator of the honors program, said.

Students from a number of different departments on campus will be involved in the event.<br/>"It's definitely grown this year, which is what we wanted," Joyce said. "We've got science, music, art history, business and economics, political science, philosophy … physics, pretty much from all across the board.""It's definitely grown this year, which is what we wanted," Joyce said. "We've got science, music, art history, business and economics, political science, philosophy … physics, pretty much from all across the board."
“It’s definitely grown this year, which is what we wanted,” Joyce said. “We’ve got science, music, art history, business and economics, political science, philosophy … physics, pretty much from all across the board.”