Baker downs Benedictine on Senior Day

Junior Caitlin Modesett attacks the basket to contribute to her 22-point performance. Modesett was one point off her season best of 23 points against University of Saint Mary in the season opener on Nov. 3.

Jenna Black

Jenna Black

Story by Nathalia Barr, Managing Editor

Men’s Basketball

The men’s basketball team defeated Benedictine 65-62 in the final game of the regular season. Baker finished the regular season 13-14 overall and 7-12 in the Heart of America Athletic Conference.

Senior Tyree Peter was crucial to the Wildcats’ offense as he had his 11th double-double of the season with 26 points and 11 rebounds. Sophomore Brett Elifritz came off the bench to add 14 points and nine rebounds, and junior Cornell Brown put up 12 points and had eight of the team’s 16 assists.

Before the game, the Wildcats celebrated five seniors including Nathan Guscott, Daniel Young, Tyree Peter, Russell Denney and Stephen Edwards.

Women’s Basketball

The women’s basketball team also picked up a victory in its last game of the regular season with a 79-64 win over No. 19 Benedictine. The ‘Cats finished the regular season 21-9 overall and 12-7 in the Heart of America Athletic Conference.

Junior Caitlin Modesett led Baker with 22 points and five assists. Senior Sydnie Hanson and junior Anna Hignight added 13 points each. As a team, Baker shot 44.4 percent from the field and held the Ravens to 33.3 percent.

Before the game, Baker celebrated seniors Sydnie Hanson, Jo Lira and Courtney Hoag. In the last four years, the women’s team has gone 100-33.

About the Photographer
Jenna Black, Managing Editor

Jenna Black is a senior from Johnson City, Kansas. She is double majoring in Public Relations and Sports Media and minoring in Business. She is a member of the cross country and track teams, President of Delta Delta Delta sorority, an Orientation Leader and Student Director of Emerging Leaders Summit and the ParMentors program. She enjoys traveling, running and the outdoors.

• Baker downs Benedictine on Senior Day

Men's Basketball

‘Cats end season in Heart tourney

• Baker downs Benedictine on Senior Day

Seniors celebrate last home game with victories

• Baker downs Benedictine on Senior Day

Men's Basketball

Men’s basketball picks up third-straight win

• Baker downs Benedictine on Senior Day

Men's Basketball

‘Cats defeat Eagles in 85-65 win

• Baker downs Benedictine on Senior Day

Men's Basketball

Men’s basketball improves to 3-0

• Men's Basketball

Men’s basketball starts season 2-0

• Men's Basketball

Men’s basketball falls in Heart conference quarterfinals

• Baker downs Benedictine on Senior Day

Men's Basketball

Men’s basketball advances to Heart tournament quarterfinals

• Baker downs Benedictine on Senior Day

Men's Basketball

Men’s basketball prepares for Heart tournament

• Baker downs Benedictine on Senior Day

Men's Basketball

1-on-1 with Javeion Gray