Men’s golf finishes 3rd at Baker Invitational

Cole Briggs hits a putt for birdie on the 3rd hole. Briggs recorded an 80 during round one of the Baker Invitational at Eagle Bend golf course in Lawrence.

Alex Fortuna

Alex Fortuna

Alex Fortuna

Story by Alex Fortuna, Photo Editor

The men’s golf team entered their last tournament with a strong finish at the Baker Invitational. The Wildcats had great performances from Juniors Payton Ruder and Dawson Dykes helping the Wildcats finish 3rd at the Baker Invitational on Oct. 17-18. The Wildcats would post a team score of 629, falling just 12 strokes short of Dodge City CC. The next tournament, Park University Invitational, will be held at the National Golf Club of Kansas City in Parkville, Missouri.

• Junior Dawson Dykes punches a shot low under the trees after his tee shot missed the fairway. Dykes tied for 21st at the Baker Invitational.

Alex Fortuna

• Sophomore Devin Peters watches his drive on the 2nd hole of the Baker Invitational. Peters finished with an overall score of 202 for the Wildcats.

Alex Fortuna

• Junior Cole Briggs uses his hands to help read the green for an upcoming putt. Briggs made the putt for par during the Baker Invitational at Eagle Bend golf course in Lawrence.

Alex Fortuna

• Cole Briggs hits a putt for birdie on the 3rd hole. Briggs recorded an 80 during round one of the Baker Invitational at Eagle Bend golf course in Lawrence.

Alex Fortuna

• Junior Payton Ruder watches as his birdie putt heads towards the hole. Ruder finished the highest for the Wildcats, taking 11th with a overall score of 156 at the Baker Invitational on Oct. 17-18.

Alex Fortuna

• Dawson Dykes uses a wedge from the rough to get the ball on the green for a chance at par on the 6th hole. Dykes finished with an overall score of 163 helping the Wildcats to a 3rd place finish.

Alex Fortuna